21+ At least two other reasons follow
--------------- Oct. 26, 2005 Update article:
Powerful Government Accountability
Office report confirms key 2004 stolen election findings
by Bob Fitrakis & Harvey Wasserman
October 26, 2005
As a legal noose appears to be tightening around the Bush/Cheney/Rove inner circle, a shocking government report shows the floor under the legitimacy of their alleged election to the White House is crumbling.
The latest critical confirmation of key indicators that the election of 2004 was stolen comes in an extremely powerful, penetrating report from the General Accounting Office that has gotten virtually no mainstream media coverage.
The government's lead investigative agency is known for its general incorruptibility and its through, in-depth analyses. Its concurrence with assertions widely dismissed as "conspiracy theories" adds crucial new weight to the case that Team Bush has no legitimate business being in the White House.
Nearly a year ago, senior Judiciary Committee Democrat John Conyers (D-MI) asked the GAO to investigate electronic voting machines as they were used during the November 2, 2004 presidential election.
The request came amidst widespread complaints in Ohio and elsewhere that often shocking irregularities defined their performance.
According to CNN, the U.S. House Judiciary Committee received "more than 57,000 complaints" following Bush's alleged re-election. Many such concerns were memorialized under oath in a series of sworn statements and affidavits in public hearings and investigations conducted in Ohio by the Free Press and other election protection organizations.
The non-partisan GAO report has now found that, "some of [the] concerns about electronic voting machines have been realized and have caused problems with recent elections, resulting in the loss and miscount of votes."
The United States is the only major democracy that allows private partisan corporations to secretly count and tabulate the votes with proprietary non-transparent software. Rev. Jesse Jackson, among others, has asserted that "public elections must not be conducted on privately-owned machines." The CEO of one of the most crucial suppliers of electronic voting machines, Warren O'Dell of Diebold, pledged before the 2004 campaign to deliver Ohio and thus the presidency to George W. Bush.
Bush's official margin of victory in Ohio was just 118,775 votes out of more than 5.6 million cast. Election protection advocates argue that O'Dell's statement still stands as a clear sign of an effort, apparently successful, to steal the White House. Among other things, the GAO confirms that:
1. Some electronic voting machines "did not encrypt cast ballots or system audit logs, thus making it possible to alter them without detection." In other words, the GAO now confirms that electronic voting machines provided an open door to flip an entire vote count. More than 800,000 votes were cast in Ohio on electronic voting machines, some seven times Bush's official margin of victory.
2. "It is easy to alter a file defining how a ballot appears, making it possible for someone to vote for one candidate and actually be recorded as voting for an entirely different candidate." Numerous sworn statements and affidavits assert that this did happen in Ohio 2004.
3. "Falsifying election results without leaving any evidence of such an action by using altered memory cards" can easily be done, according to the GAO.
4. The GAO also confirms that "access to the voting network was easily compromised because not all digital recording electronic voting systems (DREs) had supervisory functions password-protected, so access to one machine provided access to the whole network.
" This critical finding confirms that rigging the 2004 vote did not require a "widespread conspiracy" but rather the cooperation of a very small number of operatives with the power to tap into the networked machines and thus change large numbers of votes at will. With 800,000 votes cast on electronic machines in Ohio, flipping the number needed to give Bush 118,775 could be easily done by just one programmer.
5. Access "to the voting network was also compromised by repeated use of the same user IDs combined with easily guessed passwords," says the GAO. So even relatively amateur hackers could have gained access to and altered the Ohio vote tallies.
6. "The locks protecting access to the system were easily picked and keys were simple to copy," says the GAO, meaning, again, getting into the system was an easy matter.
7. "One DRE model was shown to have been networked in such a rudimentary fashion that a power failure on one machine would cause the entire network to fail," says the GAO, re-emphasizing the fragility of the system on which the Presidency of the United States was decided.
8. "GAO identified further problems with the security protocols and background screening practices for vendor personnel," confirming still more easy access to the system. In essence, the GAO study makes it clear that no bank, grocery store or mom & pop chop shop would dare operate its business on a computer system as flimsy, fragile and easily manipulated as the one on which the 2004 election turned. The GAO findings are particularly damning when set in the context of an election run in Ohio by a Secretary of State simultaneously working as co-chair of the Bush-Cheney campaign. Far from what election theft skeptics have long asserted, the GAO findings confirm that the electronic network on which 800,000 Ohio votes were cast was vulnerable enough to allow a tiny handful of operatives -- or less -
- to turn the whole vote count using personal computers operating on relatively simple software. The GAO documentation flows alongside other crucial realities surrounding the 2004 vote count. For example:
* The exit polls showed Kerry winning in Ohio, until an unexplained last minute shift gave the election to Bush. Similar definitive shifts also occurred in Iowa, Nevada and New Mexico, a virtual statistical impossibility.
* A few weeks prior to the election, an unauthorized former ES&S voting machine company employee, was caught on the ballot-making machine in Auglaize County * Election officials in Mahoning County now concede that at least 18 machines visibly transferred votes for Kerry to Bush. Voters who pushed Kerry's name saw Bush's name light up, again and again, all day long. Officials claim the problems were quickly solved, but sworn statements and affidavits say otherwise. They confirm similar problems in Franklin County (Columbus). Kerry's margins in both counties were suspiciously low.
* A voting machine in Mahoning County recorded a negative 25 million votes for Kerry. The problem was allegedly fixed. * In Gahanna Ward 1B, at a fundamentalist church, a so-called "electronic transfer glitch" gave Bush nearly 4000 extra votes when only 638 people voted at that polling place. The tally was allegedly corrected, but remains infamous as the "loaves and fishes" vote count.
* In Franklin County, dozens of voters swore under oath that their vote for Kerry faded away on the DRE without a paper trail.
* In Miami County, at 1:43am after Election Day, with the county's central tabulator reporting 100% of the vote - 19,000 more votes mysteriously arrived; 13,000 were for Bush at the same percentage as prior to the additional votes, a virtual statistical impossibility.
* In Cleveland, large, entirely implausible vote totals turned up for obscure third party candidates in traditional Democratic African- American wards. Vote counts in neighboring wards showed virtually no votes for those candidates, with 90% going instead for Kerry.
* Prior to one of Blackwell's illegitimate "show recounts," technicians from Triad voting machine company showed up unannounced at the Hocking County Board of Elections and removed the computer hard drive.
* In response to official information requests, Shelby and other counties admit to having discarded key records and equipment before any recount could take place.
* In a conference call with Rev. Jackson, Attorney Cliff Arnebeck, Attorney Bob Fitrakis and others, John Kerry confirmed that he lost every precinct in New Mexico that had a touchscreen voting machine. The losses had no correlation with ethnicity, social class or traditional party affiliation---only with the fact that touchscreen machines were used.
* In a public letter, Rep. Conyers has stated that "by and large, when it comes to a voting machine, the average voter is getting a lemon - the Ford Pinto of voting technology. We must demand better." But the GAO report now confirms that electronic voting machines as deployed in 2004 were in fact perfectly engineered to allow a very small number of partisans with minimal computer skills and equipment to shift enough votes to put George W. Bush back in the White House. Given the growing body of evidence, it appears increasingly clear that's exactly what happened.
Black Box Voting Forum
Posted on Thursday, November 17, 2005 - 02:50 pm
This in-dept recent analysis of this treasonous betrayal of the electoral system goes into detail of much proof that the boxes were rigged and records of the REAL vote tallies are being suppressed.
Another Election Held and Another Election Stolen (6 Dec 2004)
In 2000 Bush stole the election by restricting the ability to vote by those people most likely to vote against him. The abuses were wide spread and the Democrats and other groups that believe in each individuals right to vote put together an impressive attempt to make sure that every individual that wanted to vote would not be turned away. Everywhere you went there was booths where new voters could register. Celebrities in commercials were urging voters to get out and vote. Poll watchers were placed in polling stations across the country to guarantee that every voter would not be turned away on any technicality. What these well meaning groups failed to account for was that they were defending the 2000 election fixing plan and not taking into account that this election would be decided not by voters but by the rise of technology. Every one might be allowed to vote but their vote, and your vote made no difference at all. The programmers had already decided who would win and by how much. Prior to this election I personally sent out information to the media which should have been provided to the electorate. It was not. The biggest turnout in history had no chance to win this election or any other unless the programmers of the voting machine allowed it. I believe they will allow it less and less as the machines control the elections and the Republicans control the machines. This is not speculation. It is not a rant designed to make the losers feel better. I speak from first hand information and unless people stand up and act, democracy in this country is ended.
GOP Wants News Organizations To Abandon Exit Polls
RNC Chairman Ed Gillespie wants to eliminate exit polls because he says they're not accurate, implying that the final vote was unquestionably correct.
The Sale of Electoral Politics
A Corporate Election... by Barbra Streisand (December 6, 2004)
Regardless of partisanship, the essence of our voting process must have integrity. Why are we allowing private for-profit corporations, loyal to politicians that give them lucrative contracts worth millions of dollars, manage our votes? How can we trust the outcome of our elections when we have outsourced the managing of our electoral process and the counting of the ballots to private corporations who keep secret from election administrators the program codes for their software and refuse to offer a verifiable auditable paper trail for each vote? We cannot have a system where we entrust the fate of our country to corporations who only need to answer to their board members and shareholders and not to the American people. If we allow such a system to prevail, we will find ourselves steeped in voter fraud election after election. CLIP
Bush retains control of the White House, we can expect a neocon fascist
or martial law emergency regime in 2005 or 2006, possibly as the result of synthetic terrorism.
The neocons are in a desperate flight forward mentality which seeks to avoid the penal consequences
of what they have already done."
- By Larry Chin, Online Journal Associate Editor, from his article:
Electronic Voting - The stolen election of 2004: welcome back to hell
"In America, the criminally insane rule and the rest of us,
or the vast majority of the rest of us, either do not care, do not know,
or are distracted and properly brainwashed into acquiescence."
- Kurt Nimmo -- Taken from http://www.counterpunch.org/nimmo06172004.html
"It is the absolute right of the State to supervise the
formation of public opinion."
- Joseph Goebbels, Hitler's minister of propaganda
"Through clever and constant application of propaganda,
people can be made to see paradise as hell, and also the other way around,
to consider the most wretched sort of life as paradise."
-Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf
"The first rule of being a great propaganda system and why our system is vastly superior to
anything in the old soviet Union is that people don't think they are being subject to propaganda...
people don't think that - they aren't looking for that - they are much easier to propagandize...
and that's the genius of our media system. It's a system of ideology, of control,
compared to an authoritarian system."
- Media Critic Robert Machezny, quoted 12-9-04 on NPR's "Justice Talking"
"What luck for the rulers that men do not think."
"Once a government resorts to terror against its own population to get what it wants,
it must keep using terror against its own population to get what it wants.
A government that terrorizes its own people can never stop.
If such a government ever lets the fear subside and
rational thought return to the populace,
that government is finished."
"There has never been an atrocity, there has never been a war,
there has never been a betrayal of the people that was not made known to at least
one son of God who had the opportunity to enter into the initiation of the crucifixion
on behalf of the entire planetary body by taking his stand and holding the cross and caring not
for his life, his fortune, his sacred honor, his family, his gain or his loss!
Beloved hearts, in every case in every betrayal (and all of these will one day be known to you),
there has always been the opportunity, male or female, to come forth and to expose!"
- El Morya, Feb.14, 1982 via E.C.P.
Courage is the fearless faith
in a greater good / Higher Power
that is willing to do
what the poor in spirit are not
able or willing to do;
"Feed my sheep"